Mr. Thomas Agbo
Mr. Thomas Agbo hails from Tefle in the Volta Region of Ghana. He is a retired teacher, social worker, lay preacher and a businessman. He is a strong advocate for social justice as he will never sit on the fence whilst there is injustice on this earth. He was the one who sent our Founder, Dr. Emmanuel Voado, MD. to the Office of the former President of Ghana, His Excellency Jerry John Rawlings, when he was allowed to participate in national test in which he became first in order of merit to go to Cuba. This event was indeed a shock to many. He is a statesman and a wonderful communicator with organisational and time management skills.
Born in Tefle, Volta Region in 1945, he completed the Nkroranza Teachers Training College in 1971 served as a teacher for few years and went on to form a business venture with his senior brother, Mr. Charles Agbo who is late. Both gain influence and recognition in the business arena.
Among other courses he attended are:
- Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development: European Union – Human Resources Development Programme; Skill Building for Assembly members from 18th to 22nd November, 2002.
- Paralegal Training Course by International Federation of Women Lawyers (Federación Internacional de Abogadas) from 26th November, 2010 – 2nd December, 2010.
- Interstate Succession Law 1985 (PNDC LAW III)
- Advocate for spouse and children in the application of the Interstate Succession Law.
Among the positions heldare
- TeacherMethodist Primary School, Techimentia1971 – 1974
- TeacherPresbyterian Primary School, Tefle1974 – 1979
- ManagerGNTC, Agona Nyakrom1979 – 1981
- Managing DirectorAgbo Trading Ent. Gh. Ltd1973 to date
- Session clerkPCG Calvary Congregation, Tefle2000 – 2008
- District DirectorChurch Life and Nurture, Sokpoe District2005 – date
- Sokpoe DistrictLay Rep on Dangme Presbytery Council2006 – 2011
- Dangme – Tongue Presbytery Lay Rep on General Assembly Council2006 – date
- MemberPCG Translators Guild
- Government Appointee South Tongue District Assembly,2000 – 2007
Member of Executive Committee
- Chairman Development Planning Committee,2003 – 2007
South Tongue District Assembly
- Chairman of Board of Directors South Tongu Sugar Industries2004 – date
- Panel MemberFamily Tribunal, Dabala.2006 – 2012
- Board MemberNetwork of Women in Growth (NEWIG) Accra2006 – date
- MemberSouth Tongu Association of Paralegals
We deem it an honour to have him serve on our Board of Trustees to help his assessee, Dr. Voado, accomplish one dream more, which is helping those who have no voice in our society.