Hon. Lawyer Chris Azumah
He joined the Civil Service in 1971 as Clerical Officer and rose to Director of Administration in the Civil Service.
He graduated at (KNUST) Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology in 1990 and did several Post Graduate Studies in Management and Public Administration including Human Resource Management.
During the year 2000, he was privileged to head Scholarships Secretariat when the Registrar was not in since he was the Deputy Registrar.
While he was in Local Government Ministry, he was the Director of Performance Management for the entire 140 district assemblies, and he went to Taipei, China to present a paper on Ghana’s Local Governance or Rural Development by Modern Technology. While he was in Ministry of Local Government, he was assigned a project called Private Sector Development Strategy. This Project took him to a workshop for all the 140 District Assemblies in Ghana.
When he was in Ministry of Transport, he was sent for Training in Maritime Training in Logistics and headed a Ten Man Delegation to represent Ghana in Bussan City, South Korea. He is presently the treasurer of (KOICA) Korean International Cooperation Association.
In short, he did about forty years of Administration and Public Management, including Human Resource Management.
He completed Law School in 2009 and was sworn in as a Lawyer in April, 2010. He has been a Legal Practitioner since that date. He is a Barrister and Solicitor to the Supreme Court of Ghana. He does general practice including Criminal Cases and Civil Cases.
He sat in several National Boards, some of which are:
- Board Member Tema Technical / Vocational Institute
- Board Member Ghana Library Board
- Board Member Of Women and Children Affairs Anti Human Traffic Board
- Ministry of Finance And Economic PlanningRural Enterprise Project Steering Committee
- Board Member Ministry of Labour and EmploymentNational Steering Committee of the International Labour Organization
- Board Committee Member (Ministry of Agriculture)National Rice Project Steering Committee
- Member of Committee of (Settlement out of Court)Land Acquisition Ministry of Attorney General